Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Semester in Review

Studying abroad in Italy was one of the best decisions I have ever made. My Italian improved greatly, I made friends with people from all across the globe, and I have a new sense of independence. The things one learns from studying abroad are things that will remain forever. I am grateful I had this opportunity to explore another culture and other parts of the world. I encourage everyone to study abroad at some point in their life.

As many of you may know, I also had the opportunity to meet some of my extended family while in Italy. This in itself was a life changing experience. Knowing where my great-grandparents came from and how my family came to be was just incredible. Meeting the people and hearing the stories was so much more meaningful than reading it on a piece of paper. Being able to meet them and communicate with them was helpful as well and the last eight years studying Italian has definitely paid off!

I would like to continue blogging. Whether it’s here or on another blog, I will continue to keep all of my lovely readers up to date on my happenings. Grazie a voi! Thank you all! J  

No comments:

Post a Comment